Didn’t London do well with hosting the 2012 Olympics! From the impressive creative opening ceremony on, all the way through to the party-like closing ceremony . In between, there was an impressive haul of medals for Team GB, which gave the whole country a feel-good factor, with a reminder of the real value of Olympic spirit from all around the world. Congratulations to all those who took part and won medals, and a special mention to the Scots who won medals.
• Sir Chris Hoy (track cycling), two golds
• Andy Murray (tennis), one gold, one silver
• Katherine Grainger (rowing), gold
• Heather Stanning (rowing), gold
• Scott Brash (team showjumping), gold
• Tim Baillie (C2 canoe slalom), gold
• David Florence (C2 canoe slalom), silver
• Luke Patience (470 sailing), silver
• Michael Jamieson (swimming), silver
• Daniel Purvis (team gymnastics), bronze
• Laura Bartlett & Emily Maguire (team hockey), bronze
For anyone inspired by what they saw of the UK and wish to travel for a Scottish vacation, then self-catering accommodation in a large holiday house in Scotland can be found at Scotts Castle Holidays.