“The time to relax is when you don’t have time for it.”
Sydney J Harris
When was the last time you put your phone away, shut down the computer, turned off the television, sat outside and listened?
The birds singing, the wind rustling the leaves in the trees, a lawn mower whirring away in the distance, the sound of a plane passing overhead…. These sounds of silence are everywhere if you look for them.
But when did you last hear them? Really hear them?
Our hectic lives mean we’re working longer hours than ever before, we’re bombarded with media messages from the moment we wake up until the moment we close our eyes, and our world is full of distractions and technology.
Time to immerse yourself in the luxury relaxation of a hot tub, which has been shown to reduce blood pressure, relax muscles, relieve pain, and improve your sleep. How many more reasons do you need?
Here are some of our favourite hot tubs from around the world:
1. Large upmarket lodge near Aberfeldy, Scotland:
2. Hotel Ranga, South Iceland:
3. 16th Century borders tower, Scotland:
4. French chalet:
5. Historic Highland castle:
6. Bay Crest lodge, New Zealand:
7. Holiday lodge with heated indoor pool & jacuzzi near Fort William:
8. The Grand Hyatt Hotel, Dubai:
9. Large country house on the West coast of Scotland:
10. Historic Highland lodge, Scotland:
What do you think?
Which of these is at the top of your hot tub holiday wish list? Share in the comments below or on the Facebook page.
PS And if you’re ready to totally switch off, unwind, and spend quality time with your favourite people, start that process by taking a look at our round-up of fabulous properties with hot tubs in Scotland.